ABOUT THIS EVENT
Along with many organizations we recognize that the business case for diversity and inclusion is strong and women are underrepresented in engineering and technology programs and professional areas. This event will explore:
- What are some successful strategies that have been implemented in industry and at other post-secondary institutions to address underrepresentation?
- How do we advance BCIT’s work and establish strategies to support diversity in engineering and technology?
- What input and participation do we (BCIT faculty and students) need from industry to support this?
- What are we asking BCIT Leadership and program leadership (Deans and ADs) to do, specifically (targets, resources, actions)?
- How can we directly help students in these programs succeed right now? e.g. curriculum factors, “program culture”, creating the right tone in term 1 and supporting throughout.
- Fariba Pacheleh; Advisory Council & Former President, Society for Canadian Women In Science and Technology, (SCWIST); BCIT Program Advisory Committee (PAC), Computing
- Kathy Tarnai-Lokhorst; President, Engineers and Geoscientists BC; Mechanical Engineering Instructor at Camosun College; Adjunct Professor at UBC
- Stephanie Redivo; Global Diversity & Inclusion Program Manager, SAP
If there are any needs you have to make this event more accessible and inclusive for you please reach out and let us know.